Military & Veterans
Are you active duty or already retired from the military? Have you considered a career in golf?
Golf Academy of America can help you put to work your service training and educational benefits–such as active duty Tuition Assistance, the Montgomery GI Bill, and the new Post 9/11 GI Bill. Now you can earn your degree from the country's leading golf business school, offering accredited programs that lead to a successful career in the $76 billion golf industry.
Golf Academy of America gives you options that help assure your success–now and for the rest of your life!
- Programs geared to the needs of the job market, and perfect for many servicemembers when they transition back to civilian life–or those who have already left military service.
- Small class sizes with the golf pros and other instructional staff who know what employers want.
- Accredited by ACICS.
- Career placement assistance.
- Special military tuition allowance.
- A staff that understands military educational benefits.
Best for Vets
Golf Academy of America is ranked #3 in the national list, "Best for Vets: Career & Technical Colleges 2015." View the full list.
Veterans answer the question, "Was enrolling at Golf Academy of America a good decision for you?"
Golf Academy of America is committed to military student success. But don't just take our word for it. Here in their own words are several military veterans on why they chose Golf Academy of America.
Military veteran Michael McVeigh thinks enrolling at Golf Academy of America was a good decision for several reasons. He wants to help wounded war veterans learn to play golf, and Golf Academy of America is helping him learn the skills to do that.
What do our Veteran Students Say?
"My whole life has been about service: 26 years in the military and five as a police officer. I really enjoy people. After I graduate from Golf Academy of America I plan to get a rewarding job in the industry where I can help others."
--James Jackson, Jr., U.S. Navy, RET
"I made a career change and joined the Army. Now, I'm doing it again by playing golf."
--John Wright, U.S. Army, RET
"I spent 14 years maintaining and building aircraft from military jets to corporate helicopters. Now, I want to operate, as a head professional, a respectable golf course."
--Ryan Kropski, U.S. Air Force, RET
"What is my career goal upon graduation from Golf Academy of America? To be able to teach youth golf and lower my handicap."
--Richard Minogue, U.S. Army, RET
"I was deployed to Iraq with my brother, Andrew, and we served in the same unit. He also attends Golf Academy of America. I want to be able to teach disabled veterans and fit them for clubs."
--Aric Montgomery, U.S. Army, RET
Military Students at Golf Academy of America
- Make up more than 35% of student body.
- Each play over 2300 holes of golf while attending the 16-month program.
- Improve their handicap an average of 30% while in school.
- Celebrate Veterans Day with a golf marathon to help other veterans.
- Take pride in our "Military Friendly" status for 5 years running.
Take the next step!
Call 877-824-4245 to speak directly with a military education professional, and then explore the golf career opportunities that are best for you. Take the next step! Speak with an Enrollment Specialist today. We speak "military benefits!" That includes military spouse benefits, too.