Open House Event - Friday, June 30  Learn More
US Golf Schools - International Student Admissions Information

International Students

International students have the opportunity to earn an associate's degree in golf business management from an accredited, four-semester program of golf and related academics. Golf Academy of America provides this program at campuses in California, Florida, Arizona, South Carolina and Texas.

Below are responses to frequently asked questions by our international prospects:

What are the admission requirements for international students?

  • High school transcript, GED certificate, or signed Golf Academy of America attestation form (AZ campus only), professionally translated into English
  • Official college transcript(s), if applicable, professionally translated into English
  • $100 USD non-refundable application fee
  • Completed Golf Academy of America I-20 application (for M-1 Visa)
  • Certification of financial support
  • International students whose first language is not English will need to provide one of the following:
    • Proof of 500 TOEFL score (paper-based), 173 (computer-based) or 61 (internet-based)
    • Evidence of IELTS overall band score of 6
    • Official high school transcript indicating graduate of an accredited U.S. high school
    • Official transcript from an accredited U.S. college or university indicating completion of at least 24 credits with a minimum 2.0 CGPA or a C average
    • If the applicant took ESL courses, evidence of completion of the ESL program that the applicant was enrolled in and final test scores comparable to GAA's TOEFL or IELTS requirement. The ESL program must have been authorized by the Student and Exchange Visitor Program (SEVP).

Get TOEFL® Test Information

What kind of visa is required for your degree program?

International students who are interested in attending Golf Academy of America must have an M-1 Student Visa. Please refer to our Golf Academy of America's International Handbook.

Can I attend your degree program on an F-1 visa?

Golf Academy of America only accepts M-1 student visas for their business degree program.

What is an I-20 and how do I get it?

For an international student to apply for an M-1 student visa, it is necessary for the school to issue the student a SEVIS-generated I-20. This can only be done by the school upon receipt of all required admission documents and after the full acceptance of the student to the program of study.

How much is tuition?

Tuition for the Associate Degree Program for international students is $8,920 USD per semester. This includes tuition, lab and activity fees, and textbooks. Tuition and fees are due at the beginning of every semester. However our international students must show proof of finances for a 12 month period when applying for the M-1 visa. Tuition does not include living expenses while attending the program.

What kind of degree will I earn?

GAA Offers an Associate level degree. Read about our Golf Degree Programs.

Can I work while I'm attending school in the U.S.?

An M-1 student may not accept employment or engage in business while attending school.

Do you offer on-campus housing?

Each Golf Academy of America campus is convenient to a variety of housing options. Call our staff at 800-342-7342 for more information.

An M-1 visa is good for a year, but your program is 16 months: how does that work?

Since the M-1 visa is only issued for one year, it is necessary to extend the visa for program completion. Extension of Stay should be submitted to USCIS not less than 15, and not more than 60 days, before your authorized stay expires. Golf Academy of America will assist you in the Extension of Stay application process.

Do you provide job placement?

Each campus employs a Director of Career Development who works closely with students to assist them in career placement after graduation.

What documents should I retain?

Your most important documents are your passport, stamped I-20, and I-94 card. Be sure to carry your documents with you at all times.

How long do I have to leave the country after I graduate?

You have 30 days to exit the United States from the end date of your stamped I-20.

Need more information?

Please read Golf Academy of America's International Handbook, and contact us at or 407-327-8295 with any specific questions that you may have.