Golf Career Training for Veterans and Military Students
Are you in active duty or already retired from the military? Have you considered a career in golf?
Golf Academy of America can help you put your service training and educational benefits, such as active duty tuition assistance, to work. Now you can earn your degree from the country's largest golf college, offering training in the game, the business and the technology that could lead to a successful career in the $76 billion golf industry.
Military Students at Golf Academy of America
- Make up more than 35% of student body.
- Each play more than 2300 holes of golf while attending the 16-month program.
- Improve their handicap an average of 30% while in school.
- Take pride in a "Military Friendly" status for 5 years running.
Benefits for Veterans and Military Personnel
Golf Academy of America gives you options than can help to assure your success–now and for the rest of your life!
- Programs geared to the needs of the job market, perfect for many service members when they transition back to civilian life, or those who have already left military service.
- Small class sizes taught by golf professionals and other instructional staff who know what employers want.
- Accredited by ACICS.
- Career placement assistance.
- Special military tuition allowance of 5% for military members with honorable discharge and their spouses who are using military education benefits.
- A staff that understands military educational benefits.
- Dedicated Military Student Center, with help center staffed by many former veterans.
A Golf Training Program Ideal for Veterans
Golf Academy of America was named a Military Friendly® School in 2016." View the full list.
Golf Academy of America is ranked #6 in the national list, "Best for Vets: Career & Technical Colleges 2016." View the full list.
Golf Academy of America is included on Military Advanced Education's list of Top Colleges and Universities. View the full list.
What do our Veteran Students Say?
"My whole life has been about service: 26 years in the military and five as a police officer. I really enjoy people. After I graduate from Golf Academy of America I plan to get a rewarding job in the industry where I can help others."
"I made a career change and joined the Army. Now, I'm doing it again by playing golf."
"I spent 14 years maintaining and building aircraft from military jets to corporate helicopters. Now, I want to operate, as a head professional, a respectable golf course."
"What is my career goal upon graduation from Golf Academy of America? To be able to teach youth golf and lower my handicap."
"I was deployed to Iraq with my brother, Andrew, and we served in the same unit. He also attends Golf Academy of America. I want to be able to teach disabled veterans and fit them for clubs."
Application Process – Take the Next Step
Call 877-824-4245 to speak directly with a military education professional, and then explore the golf career opportunities that are best for you. Take the next step! Speak with an Enrollment Specialist today. We speak "military benefits!" That includes military spouse benefits, too.