Your Golf Degree Specialization
It is our mission at Golf Academy of America to grow students, professionally and personally, so that they are equipped for future success as leaders of the golf industry. Our rigorous academic standards and innovative curriculum challenge students daily so they are poised for success in their new careers.
Elective Classes: Expanding on the required business and golf management courses, elective classes such as Food Service Management, Advanced Golf Club Fitting, Golf Course Design, Advanced Teaching, Advanced Tournament Golf, and Golf Performance Enhancement add extra training to excel in specific areas of the golf industry.
Achievement Certificates: Continued focus in a specific area through a series of similar courses leads students to achieving certifications in Teach, Club Repair and Fitting, General Management, and Tournament Operations. Read more about the specifics of our Achievement Certificates below.
Student Awards and Honors: Our students take on the challenge of the rigorous degree program and the highest performers are recognized each year at graduation for combined outstanding academic achievement and playing proficiency with various honors such as the Player’s Credential Ribbon, Graduation with Honors, and the President’s Award.
Graduating from Golf Academy of America with an associate's degree in golf complex operations and management is a noteworthy achievement in itself. Adding one of the following certificates to your golf college experience can increase your marketability in your chosen field in the golf industry. Here are the certificates and their respective qualifications:
Golf Teaching Certificate
- Have a cumulative grade of 3.33 GPA or better in the following classes: Golf Fundamentals, Mechanics of the Short Game, Advanced Elements of the Short Game, Golf Club Fitting, Methods of Teaching and Advanced Teaching
- Have the following handicap index by graduation: Men = USGA index of 8.0 or below; Women = USGA index of 15.0 or below
Golf Club Repair and Fitting Certificate
- Achieve a grade of 3.0 GPA or better in the following classes: Golf Club Assembly and Repair and Golf Club Fitting
- Complete Club Repair Project
- Score 85% or better on Golf Academy of America Comprehensive Club Repair and Fitting Exam
Golf Management Certificate
- Have a cumulative grade of 3.33 GPA or better in the following classes: Understanding Golf Operations, Managing Golf Facility Operations, Capstone, Financial Management, Essentials of Food Service Management
Contact Us to Get Started
Have more questions about our degree programs or ready to apply? Contact us to speak to an Admissions Representative or to schedule a campus visit.